For Jeanne Hoyle, owner and Ed Kis, General Manager of the Spa Special Events Center in Porter, bringing renewal to this famous local landmark, breathing new life into the bones of this old building that once played host to romantic dinners, wedding receptions, and evenings before prom, is a matter of intense passion and labor.
Set on a hill above the silvery waters of the Little Calumet River, on land that once housed the Mineral Springs, waters thought to possess the powers of health and renewal, the Spa has a long history of bringing merriment and mirth to those who stepped inside.
Our events center is the perfect location for:
- Weddings, anniversaries, corporate functions and meetings, birthdays and parties that require a special touch
- Nestled in the woods along the banks of the Calumet River, the setting is both private and romantic
- Outdoor deck overlooking the wooded hillside converts beautifully into a functioning outdoor space
- Catering and event planning on site for parties up to 250
- Extended Speakeasy at the Spa cocktail hours are available upon request